Communicating with comfort and confidence is not an easy task. Outside of familiar surroundings it is often arduous for shy, introverted, and people who carry social anxieties. In addition, communicating with someone a person may find attractive can quickly be developed by dread, which often causes internal chaos. But then there’s the expert communicators make communicating look so effortless.
With the rise of many unfortunate confrontations and misunderstandings, today, it’s essential to communicate with care and confidence more so than ever. In this quick blog, oral and some written communication relating to business acumen and methods are briefly discussed. Excellent preparation is needed to be clear about what is or should be conveyed in both types. In most cases, one should even prepare for a brief and important conversation with family members concerning specific matters of importance.
A successful work or consulting presentation should be:
- Since most work environments do not have the capacity for a five-hour presentation, it is vital to write down the key elements of discussion before presentation slides are created.
- Consider possible questions and be ready to respond
- Be prepared to address each person with their preferred name
- Be ready to smile as often as possible and speak respectfully
- Know about the company the presentation is prepared for
- Be sure that each point is presented chronologically. If it is a sales presentation, be sure to discuss your company and some successes
- Show a brief proposal on what is intended to accomplish. Do not oversell skillsets. Be sure that the skills you offer are indeed the skills you know. Be authentic.
Offered initial discovery
- Allow time for questions. This time helps validate whether the presented proposal meets the company’s or individual’s needs.
- If the proposal needs some adjustments, be prepared to discuss recommendations and your expertise confidently.
Provided next steps
- Be sure to note, within the next hour of the presentation, a follow-up email will be sent by you of the formal proposal.
- Share in the presentation, you will promptly answer any additional questions to establish a collaborative relationship
- Provide opportunities for feedback
Effective presentations take a great time to create. However, this time and effort are almost always worth it in most cases. In addition, effective presentations build confidence in the presenter and helps to break down resistance of those presented to. The more presentations, the better the presenter becomes. Practice will almost always guarantee prefect.